With summer quickly approaching, we are eagerly preparing for your child(ren) to have a formative, fun, safe experience at Camp Geneva. We were blessed to have been able to hold camp last summer, and plan to offer the complete schedule of camp this summer. We have not heard how the latest Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) order that lifts the mask requirement for fully vaccinated Michiganders affects the operations of summer camps from the State of Michigan. MDHHS and the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) are working to update guidance and materials as quickly as possible. We will communicate the changes from the state with you.
Some key points from the current Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) guidelines for camp operations during COVID-19 are:
- Health screening and temperature check shall occur upon arrival at camp.
- Camp will be divided into cabin groups with minimal interaction between different groups.
- Campers will be expected to wear face covering when they are around people who are not in their cabin group, and social distancing is not possible.
- Meals will be delivered to cabins and eaten outside with the group, rather than in the dining hall.
- Camper drop-off and pick-up will happen in the parking lot. Families and guardians will say goodbye at their vehicle. Camp Geneva staff and volunteers will bring campers and their belongings to their respective cabins.
For more details on how Camp Geneva will operate as we comply with the State of Michigan’s requirements, please read our Safety Protocol Overview, our COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan and check out our visual guide to check-in. Please note we are asking campers to bring masks with them to camp (we’ll include it on your final packing list).
We look forward to welcoming you and your camper soon! If you have any questions, please call our office at 616.399.3150.
The GENEVA Staff