GENEVA offers swim lessons to the community to help children explore, get comfortable in the water, and grow in skill level.
- Each session meets 8 days (Tuesday-Friday for 2 weeks)
- All classes are 45 minutes long
- All lessons are held in GENEVA’s heated, outdoor pool
Determining the appropriate level for your child: Red Cross Guidelines
- If your child has a Red Cross card from a swimming class which he/she passed, either at GENEVA or elsewhere, please bring it along to the first class.
- All swimmers are tested on the first day of class to be sure they are in the appropriate level for their ability.
- Please remember that children often need to take a level more than once in order to pass it.
Cost for 8-day session: $60
Minimum age of swimmer:
- Preschool Levels 1-3: 4-5 years old
- Level 1-5 swimmers: 6 years old and older
- If it is necessary to cancel a class because of inclement weather, one of the waterfront staff will call you at least 30 minutes before class is scheduled to begin.
- If you can’t be reached by phone, you may call our office at 616.399.3150 after 8am.
- Our make-up classes are generally held on the Monday following the canceled class.
- Occasionally, because of other programs we have at GENEVA, it may be necessary to hold a make-up class on a Saturday.
- All refunds are subject to a $15 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the swim session begins in order to receive a refund.
- There is no refund for missed sessions.
Questions: Call 616.399.3150 or email us