Swim lessons 2021-
Due to the restrictions in place for our summer camp program due to COVID-19 and the implications for our staff, we’re only going to open up registration for Session 1 on Monday, May 3, 2021. Keep an eye on the website for updates as we move into summer. We are hoping to be able to open up Session 2 in July and Session 3 in August at some point and will give that information HERE first!
GENEVA offers swim lessons to the community to help children explore, get comfortable in the water, and grow in skill level.
- Each session meets 8 days (Tuesday-Friday for 2 weeks)
- All classes are 45 minutes long
- All lessons are held in GENEVA’s heated, outdoor pool
Determining the appropriate level for your child: Red Cross Guidelines
- If your child has a Red Cross card from a swimming class which he/she passed, either at GENEVA or elsewhere, please bring it along to the first class.
- All swimmers are tested on the first day of class to be sure they are in the appropriate level for their ability.
- Please remember that children often need to take a level more than once in order to pass it.
Cost for 8-day session: $65
Minimum age of swimmer:
- Preschool Levels 1-3: 4-5 years old
- Level 1-5 swimmers: 6 years old and older
Session 1 June 22-July 2
9am- Level 2 only-Almost Full
10am- Level Preschool 1 only-Almost Full
Session 2 July 13-23
9am- Level 3 and 4
10am- Preschool Level 2 and 3
Session 3 July 27- August 6
9am- Level 3 and 4
10am- Level 1 and 2
- If it is necessary to cancel a class because of inclement weather, one of the waterfront staff will call you at least 30 minutes before class is scheduled to begin.
- If you can’t be reached by phone, you may call our office at 616.399.3150 after 8am.
- Our make-up classes are generally held on the Monday following the canceled class.
- Occasionally, because of other programs we have at GENEVA, it may be necessary to hold a make-up class on a Saturday.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the swim session begins in order to receive a refund.
- There is no refund for missed sessions.
Questions: Call 616.399.3150 or email us
Click here to register for Swim Lessons