Avalanche: January 2024
Avalanche is designed to provide an opportunity for youth leaders to connect with their students without having to worry about all the details of programming a retreat. Each day, students and leaders have opportunities to worship and play together, go sledding, play games, hang out in the Seagull Cafe, and rock climb. Over the course of the weekend, we will have three sessions with worship and a message. For those arriving Friday, there will be an additional worship time on Friday evening.
Check in for Friday arrivals begins at 7:30pm. Check in for Saturday morning arrivals begins at 9am. Retreat ends Sunday morning at 11:30am.
- Register by sending in your pre-registration form and deposit for each student. Preregistration form and deposit due by early January 2024.
- Designed for students in 5th-8th grade church youth groups.
- Early check in on Friday night begins at 7:30pm at the GENEVA Center dining room.
- Check in Saturday morning is 9-10am in the GENEVA Center dining room.
- Retreat ends at 11:30am on Sunday morning.
- Shores and Pines side available for lodging.
- Saturday night only: $To be determined/student, $to be determined/leader
- Friday night option for an additional $to be determined student, no additional cost for leaders
Note to Leaders:
- Please send a $30 non-refundable deposit for each student you wish to hold a spot for, along with the pre-registration form. Email Corie if you need a form.
- GENEVA requires a ratio of 1 leader for every 10 students of the same gender and you must have a leader for both male and female students.
- The only additional cost for the retreat is if students wish to bring spending money for snacks and beverages at the store, most of which cost a couple of dollars.
- All refunds are subject to a $25 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations must be received at least 14 days before camp begins in order to receive a refund.
- If cancellations are received less than 14 days before camp begins, refunds will only be given for medical reasons or a family emergency.
Questions: Call 616.399.3150 or email us.