Avalanche 2021 has been cancelled.
Area church, school, and community partners are diligently working within their COVID-19 risk mitigation strategies in an effort to reduce exposure and continue in-person operation to the greatest extent possible. In recognition of these efforts, and the potential negative impact of large, multi-group gatherings GENEVA will not be offering our youth retreat and winter camp events this season. We will continue to support partners holding their own appropriately sized events when we can commit to providing a safe environment where participants are able to social distance indoors and utilize outdoor spaces on GENEVA’s grounds.
GENEVA commits to supporting mitigation efforts and doing our part especially as we look forward with great anticipation to the summer camp ministry and resuming youth retreats next season.
Avalanche is designed to provide an opportunity for youth leaders to connect with their students without worrying about all the details of programming a retreat. Each day students and leaders have opportunities to worship and play together, going sledding, playing games, hanging out in the Seagull Cafe, and rock climbing. Over the course of the weekend, we will have three sessions with worship and a message. For those arriving Friday, there will be an additional worship time on Friday evening.
Check in for Friday arrivals begins at 7:30pm. Check in for Saturday morning arrivals begins at 9am. Retreat ends Sunday morning at 11:30am.
- Designed for students in 5th-8th grade youth groups
- Early check in on Friday night begins at 7:30pm.
- Check in Saturday morning is 9-10am.
- Retreat ends at 11:30am on Sunday morning.
- Shores and Pines side available.
- Saturday night only: $85/student, $25/leader
- Friday night option for an additional $25 student (total $110), no additional cost for leaders
Note to Leaders:
- Please send a $25 non-refundable deposit for each student you wish to hold a spot for.
- GENEVA requires a ratio of 1 leader for every 10 students of the same gender and you must have a leader for both male and female students.
- The only additional cost for the retreat is if students wish to bring spending money for snacks and beverages at the store, most of which cost a dollar or two.
- All refunds are subject to a $25 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations must be received at least 14 days before camp begins in order to receive a refund.
- If cancellations are received less than 14 days before camp begins, refunds will only be given for medical reasons or a family emergency.
Questions: Call 616.399.3150 or email us.
Registration for January 2022 will begin October 2021.